Description: watch in this tutorial - How to make Fondant/Cake Topper - Woodpecker. You can also make this bird of modelling clay.
The incredible woodpecker birds are interesting in their way of life. Without feeling tired, they hammer the trees, getting their own food, and they feel wonderful at the same time. Thanks to this fact, there was even a saying about the head of a woodpecker, which never hurts. And in fact, no living creature is capable of what this bird does when it wants to eat some caterpillars or bugs.
- Woodpeckers have an incredibly long tongue. They can even stick it out of its beak. Moreover, the tongue of woodpeckers is sticky, which allows them to easily catch insects under the tree bark.
- The woodpecker’s skull protects the head from the effects of the blows. Each time a woodpecker knocks on a tree, a special muscle reflexively pushes the skull box and the brain inside it away from the beak.
- The cartilaginous tissue located behind the beak of the woodpecker, in front of his head takes over most of the impact energy. It is a natural shock absorber.
- In the mid-90s, NASA space agency had to postpone the launch of the Discovery shuttle precisely because of woodpeckers. NASA employees had to do urgent repairs, because a pair of these birds drilled about two hundred holes in the outer layer of the shuttle's insulation.
- Gila woodpeckers, who live in the USA and Mexico, equip their nests directly on giant spiny carnegie cacti. These woodpeckers feed mainly on insects that gnaw cacti, thereby bringing invaluable help to the plant.
Description: watch in this tutorial - How to make Fondant/Cake Topper - Bee. You can also make this bee of modelling clay.
Bees are tireless hard workers. They created their own civilization, and are famous for their incredible hard work and excellent teamwork. Among other things, thanks to bees, people learned about such a tasty and healthy delicacy as honey.
- For a lifetime, one bee is able to produce honey no more than one twelfth teaspoon.
- To make 1 kg of honey, bees will have to fly around eight million flowers.
- A bee will be able to recognize the smell of flowers with nectar at a distance of more than a kilometer.
- A bee loses its ability to sting when its abdomen is full of nectar.
- Bees are used in the search for explosives, while they show better results than specially trained dogs.
Description: watch in this tutorial - How to make Fondant/Cake Topper - Moose. You can also make this elk of modelling clay.
Powerful moose with massive horns are majestic and graceful animals, but at the same time ferocious, especially if they are angry.
- The moose has very long legs. In order to drink water, an elk must go deep into the water, or bend its front legs, because in another case, it simply does not reach the water.
- Moose is often called “shaggy” because of the shape of its horns, which resemble a plow, an agricultural tool.
- From the excrement of moose, Sweden produces the world's most environmentally friendly paper.
- In winter, moose lead a daytime lifestyle, and in summer - mostly nocturnal, due to the heat.
- Moose live in captivity until about 20-22 years old. But in the wild, only about 3% of moose live more than 3 years.