Description: watch in this tutorial - How to make Fondant/Cake Topper - Cone. You can also make this Cone of modelling clay.
1. Pine cones, which are ripe enough, respond well to changes in ambient humidity. When the air humidity is low - they open, and when high - they are compressed. Therefore, where accurate humidity measurement is not required, they can be used as a hygrometer.
2. The concept of “cone” (from geometry) comes from the Greek word “cone” (pine cone).
3. Cones of some African Cycas can weigh up to 50 kg.
4. What we call "cucumber" in Indian ornamentation is nothing else than a fir or pine cone. This is a traditional Muslim symbol of prosperity and fertility.
5. Once in France, police detained two men, a father and a son, who were accused of illegal collecting of pine cones. During the search, they found about 90 kg of pine cones. Collectors reported that they sold lumps in Spain at 80 euro cents per kilogram.